TransAmerica Technology Services, Inc. (TTSI)
TTSI is an SBA-certified Small Business with more than twenty years’ experience performing projects for Federal Government Agencies which include the DOT/FAA, United States Marine Corps, Department of Commerce/US Patent and Trademark Office, IRS, Army, Navy and other agencies.
- TTSI has a proven track record. All of our Primes’ have referred us for additional work!
- We excel at locating, onboarding, and retaining high-end enterprise performers, quickly.
- Clients rely on the expertise of our people, the diligence of our staffing team, the accuracy of our administrative support teams, and the attention and active engagement by our executive leadership.
- TTSI is a proven partner that consistently has helped Prime’s minimize risks and foresee problems.
Below is a list of some of our satisfied Federal Agencies.
The Federal Aviation Administration is part of the Department of Transportation and is responsible for the safety of civil aviation. Their mission is to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world. They are responsible to ensure our airways remain safe and orderly. They operate airport towers, air traffic control, monitor aircraft and airmen.
It has been an honor to build long history of successful projects with the FAA and to be assigned many contracts and task orders as a sub vendor to a Prime.
- TTSI was appointed to enhance their Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- TTSI resources identified improvements and designed new features, developed new software functionality, documented activities, performed QA task, tested OS and Oracle Critical Patch Updates, provided tuning and troubleshooting services, and quickly implemented resolutions.
- TTSI’s team provided 24/7 maintenance support, tuning and troubleshooting services.
- We assisted the Prime in winning recompete for additional contract years.
U.S. Department of Commerce / U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
We have participated in multiple contracts and task orders supporting the U.S. Department of Commerce / U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is the federal agency for granting U.S. patents and registering trademarks. The strength and vitality of the U.S. economy depends directly on effective mechanisms that protect new ideas and investments in innovation and creativity. The continued demand for patents and trademarks underscores the ingenuity of American inventors and entrepreneurs. The USPTO is at the cutting edge of the nation’s technological progress and achievement.
- Helping the USPTO with technology helps US Citizen’s protect their ideas and positions them to benefit from their inventions.
- As a sub-contractor to the Prime, TTSI was engaged on major, highly complex, long-term technology projects supporting the USPTO..
- These accomplishments required our extensive experience in web services, UDDI, WSDL, Services-Oriented Architecture, Oracle, SQL, JBoss application, and more.
- TTSI’s team also provided over-arching expertise of multiple hardware and software systems that included Microsoft, HP/UNIX, IBM Advanced Interactive Executive, VMware servers, and various networking systems.
Department of Defense / United States Marine Corp (USMC)
TTSI was engaged in projects for the Department of Defense / United States Marine Corp (USMC)
The Marine Corp, like other US Military branches, keeps us all safe and secure. Not only do they excel as a fighting force, they must have reliable, state of the art technology and systems.
It is a privilege that TTSI’s team has been asked to work on several major enhancements for the U.S. Marine Corps, under several task orders, as a sub contactor to the Prime.
TTSI was engaged to support and enhance the U.S. Marine Corps’ – Civilian Workforce Development (CWDA), an Oracle based system.
- Our team performed task orders to maintain the existing CWDA system
- TTSI concurrently enhanced the CWDA through the development of new functionality.
- Task orders for this subcontract included Accreditation Support, Maintenance Support, developing Application automated data upload modules to incorporate data from multiple sources, Help Desk Support, SW Upgrade and optional tasks to Improve Layout, Automate Uploads, add Validation processing, and Upgrade Oracle E-Business Suite to Version R12 in Sandbox, Development and Production environments, and we certified the system.
- Our extensive experience with Oracle’s eBusiness Suite resulted in a high-quality CWDA that exceeded requirements.
TTSI also upgraded and maintained the U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command – Total Force Structure Management System (TFSMS) as a subcontractor to the Prime.
- The task orders for this assignment included maintenance support as well as development of new functionality, testing and documentation. Using an Integrated Product Team approach, we combined Force Structure Capabilities, Planning, Integration, and Fielding capabilities into one database system and developed a self-service environment that is accessible through the internet.
- TTSI also provided 24×7 support for TFSMS in the event of emergencies outside of normal business hours.
Here are high level examples of a few of the technologies our team has provided to the various agencies we serve:
- Agile software development, Scrum, define and conduct integration testing, Configuration Management support
- Identify requirements and translate into user stories for business functionality, technical requirements and defining acceptance criteria
- Oracle functional and technical analysis of business requirements
- Oracle E-Business workflow support
- Oracle E-Business Suite development using SAFe 4.0
- Mitigate security vulnerabilities while adhering to security controls
- Backend Java development Provided RESTful web services
- Provide services on a new web-based replacement of old systems with parity both in functionally and performance
- Support database systems which includes: Mandated patching, disk overlays and clones, DB user management
- Support Server Administration by monitoring incoming ticket queue and work/route tickets within 10 minutes of arrival
- Met all User Interface Service Level Agreements (UISLA)
- Provide services with existing Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API) layer to provide the search functionality and achieve overall SLA requirements.
- Provide User Access Request (UAR) support
- Create custom web pages/sites with Section 508 guidelines
- Monitor ticket queue(s) in applicable ticketing systems
- Included SOA, Web Services, and Java OOP into modules
- Implemented multiple WebADIs to facilitate bulk transaction uploads saving time and money while influencing business processes
- Responsible for upgrading and troubleshooting BMC Remedy ITSM
- Worked on Product Control team to monitor and schedule jobs
- MOM framework and spring boot architecture and design
Army GCSS (Global Combat Support System)
Huntsville, AL – Secret Clearance
SAP ABAP Development
- Designed and ensured unit and integration testing
- Wrote complex code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services